Sunday, December 16, 2012

Measuring my days

For some time I've been trying to remember a quote, I'm pretty sure my Mom read it to me. Not so long ago, I could have called her & asked, "What's that quote? Something about counting days with spoons?" & she would have told me what it was.

No more.

So I typed 'counting days in teaspoons' into an Internet search -- no luck. There was a small ping in my head that said the author of the quote was T.S. Eliot. So I tried 't.s. eliot quotes' & there it was: "I have measured out my life in coffee spoons." (I was kind of close.) I'm not sure of the intended meaning, but I am drawing a parallel with the spools I've emptied this year -- measuring out my life in empty spools.

a measured year

6 comments:

Elaine M said...

Looks like you have been busy, productive, and creative with all the empty spools. A great year!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Lots of empty spools! What a productive year.

Karamat said...

Impressive collection of empty spools... Must mean a productive year!

O'Quilts said...

I like the connection. I like the poetry of it. I like the peace of it.

Nifty Quilts said...

Impressive amount of spools emptied! You've got me thinking about that quote. Hmm.

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, you got a lot done! Since switching to big ass spools I haven't had nearly the fun.