Sunday, November 30, 2014

Two small quilts

When our friends had their first child, a daughter, I thought about making her a quilt, but Life intruded & it didn't happen. Six (!) years later, they have had their second child, a son. Since this seems to be my Year to Make Quilts, I thought I would make the boy a quilt. And, well, I can't give the baby a quilt & not give big sister one, also. Right? So, two quick, cute quilts!

Their Mom is from Australia, so for the boy I made friendship stars using kangaroo fabrics. For big sister, I pulled out one of those mini charm packs. How do you make a quilt with 42 2-inch squares? Add lots of white!


7 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

2 great quilts! I love their simplicity and the way the quilting is very much part of the effect. And as an Aussie it's great to see some kangaroos!

Barb said...

wonderful modern baby quilts! love the simplicity and the quilting texture

Jodi said...

both beautiful! Very modern with the white negative space.

Nifty Quilts said...

Beautiful and modern. Great quilting too! You are really getting a lot done this year!

O'Quilts said...

yup...wonderful..nothing like two little beautiful quilts to bring joy to others...hugs

Sujata Shah said...

Beautiful modern quilts! I love the quilting on them.

leslie said...

both lovely, but the quilting on the second one is especially great!