Sunday, July 03, 2016

Quilty 196



The blocks for my version of Audrey's Quilty 365 are finished. Like cards, I dealt them out on my design floor. I tried not to fuss too much with them, but with the few stripes, the read-as-solids dots, the distinctive dots, the subtlety different backgrounds & all the different colors -- I did fuss quite a bit, trying to get everything spread evenly across the surface. As I am sure you will say, the second photo is a big improvement over the first.



What!?!
You say you hardly see a difference?!?
Well, I guess I have to agree. But this is the final layout & baring any construction mishaps (arrrr! I switched rows 3 & 4!!! It's a disast -- wait a minute, I think this will work out even better) this is how my quilt will look.

I've never been one for hand-sewing, but I really enjoyed this project. I see more hand-sewing in my future -- I've been thinking about those old, 4-block appliqué quilts, maybe some English paper piecing, maybe more circles .......

9 comments:

Jayne said...

I don't think there could be a bad layout with these blocks! It's going to be gorgeous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy stitching . . . I stopped before the full 365, too. Mine are sewn together awaiting their turn with Max (my APQS George).

Julierose said...

Oh this is so pretty--love how it came out or is coming out --if you hand piece you can exchange them as you go LOL this is just how my sewing has been going lately too...hugs and Happy 4th Julierose

Nifty Quilts said...

Great quilt!! It's like big fun polka dots. I do know the layout madness. Seems it really doesn't matter in the end, but it's fun fussing over it.

Marle said...

This is so great! Your layout looks very pretty.

Rachaeldaisy said...

A big happy dotty quilt!! I love your description of sewing wrong rows together and then thinking they could look better. So true!! lol.

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on getting to 365. I have just reached the half way point of this year as I was a late starter.

Sharon said...

Well, I see a difference in your layouts! :) I like the 2nd one better too. Oh, how I know that description of sewing mishaps! Done it more than once. I love all your big dots!! This is fantastic!

O'Quilts said...

How in the world did I miss this post?? Oh, yeah...I was being hysterical and neurotic about my knee surgery....Oh..well...just fyi..I like it...