Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Update

This past weekend was my first one home in the last 2.5 weekends.

The first half was filled with social stuff: on Friday, my new book group met for the first time, we discussed The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (interesting, liked it but didn't love it); that evening, there was a pot luck dinner at our sail club (it sounds fancier than it is -- no yachts here, just small boats like Lasers & Sunfish), after dark, we watched the 'practice' fireworks of the neighboring tourist area -- fireworks over water -- always beautiful; on Saturday, HMQG had its summer pot luck & BBQ party. Some spouses & some kids were there -- Shug came along. There was lots of great food & I talked with some members that I didn't really know that well & with some new members & had a wonderful time.

Then on Sunday we stayed at home & did what we wanted to do. Shug tidied his (very messy) workshop & did a bit of turning. I got out my HSTs & began laying them out & stitching them together. I even rested with book in the afternoon!

HST palette

I got the laundry done & did a bit of dusting. But didn't get the floors cleaned or the rugs vacuumed. Please don't tell anyone, but I really don't care that I didn't!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well thanks for sharing about your "filth" because my house is DREADFUL! Not really, but it's enough to be getting under my skin, but I'm too tired to do anything to make it better!

Nifty Quilts said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Your hst's look great! Looking forward to seeing how you put them together.

CapitolaQuilter said...

I wish I had snagged some of this fabric line because now it's become a bit hard to find around here. Maybe on the Shop Hop this weekend I'll stubble across some. Your HST look fun.

amy and the bad cats said...

my house probably wins the most dreadful/filthy award, especially after last weekend, but do i care? NOOO! your HSTs are so cheery and bright. i have a jelly roll from this line that i'm trying to figure out what to do with.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. You did a bit of everything. Schmooey to the floors!

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

Wow can't wait to see how those lovely colorful bits come together!