Saturday, January 19, 2013

Brrrrrr

This week was Houston winter at its worse. I know much of the world will think we're a bunch of wimpy whiners & they are probably right, but when the temps are in the low 30s & the humidity is over 90% & it's drizzle-y & windy, that adds up to bone-chilling cold! Those days were followed by crisper & colder days. (By the week's end, we were up to the low 60s -- I did my walk in shorts. But I was a chilly!)


I was wishing I had a quilt ready to bind, but nothing is at that stage. Instead, I've been getting better acquainted with Betty with some piecing -- some spotty Amy Butler HSTs & candy scrappy trip along. (I LOVE this machine! I'm calling her Betty the Cat -- she purrs!)

amy butler hsts

destruction i

destruction ii

destruction iii

And cutting up big piles of my stash into squares & strips & triangles for donation quilts. Once I'm through with the Cutting Table it will become the Quilting Table & I'll pull out Laura's Lightning -- I guess I am about 1/4 done with it.

squares & strips & triangles

And I do have a bit of hand sewing to do -- sleeve & label & travel bag for Lucky.
Because?
It's going to QuiltCon!!!

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I totally agree with that bone-chillin' cold--here in SE CT on the shore it is VERY humid and sometimes 30 degrees feels colder than 15 if it's dry. I cannot believe how warm our winter has been here--really don't like it!! I love your pix of kitty playing with your squares--so adorable..have a great weekend...Julierose

Julierose said...

I totally agree with that bone-chillin' cold--here in SE CT on the shore it is VERY humid and sometimes 30 degrees feels colder than 15 if it's dry. I cannot believe how warm our winter has been here--really don't like it!! I love your pix of kitty playing with your squares--so adorable..have a great weekend...Julierose

O'Quilts said...

Lucky is going to Quilt Con!!! You go girl...so awesome...and I love all the other WIPs too..

Karamat said...

Silly kitty!! And congrats on the quilt going to QuiltCon! Can't wait to see it on display.

Rachaeldaisy said...

We've had crazy super hot days here!! Ill send some warmth to you and you can send me a cold breeze or two. You have so many great projects going on. I love the triangle zig zag. You have a very cute furry helper. Lucky you going to Quiltcon.

Nifty Quilts said...

Congratulations on showing your quilt! It's stunning.

amy and the bad cats said...

congrats on the quiltcon acceptance! and you'd better be extra nice to louis . . . he might think betty's a new metal cat and he'll be jealous!