Sunday, April 02, 2017

Where did the time go?

I don't know what to say.
I don't know how I let more than 5 months slip by since I last sat & chatted with you.
I got busy, events occurred, blah, blah, blah.
But when things settled down, I was out of the habit of blogging. When some time opened up, I would think, "oh, what's another day? another week? another month?"
I am sorry. Let me try to quickly catch you up on the last 5 months.

There was the Quilt Festival -- my 26th! The high points were that I got to meet an internet friend, a virtual friend became an in-real-life friend! And I took a class from Pepper Cory! I will tell you more about that later.

The week before Christmas, I was out walking, stumbled & fell. I made a one-point landing on my right eyebrow. A trip to the emergency room got me quite a few stitches but I had no broken bones, no soft tissue damage & no concussion -- so really not that bad. I have a rocking scar now.

At Christmas, we had a family tragedy -- I will tell you more about that later.

In the New Year, I had a milestone birthday. It did not occur to me to make myself a quilt. But I've thought of it now & in the process making myself a quilt (or 2). I will tell you more about that later.

I've finished 2 quilts this year. I've made photos & will tell you more about them later.

Over the holidays, I did a little making. My grand-niece has a December birthday, so I thought I would whip up something quick. I cut a bunch of 1.5 inch strips, thinking I would make some sort of quarter log cabin-type thing. But when I wasn't paying attention, the log cabins turned into checkerboards -- simple enough, it was just a LOT of sewing. I boxed it & shipped it before I got a photo, all I have this snap of it on my design door. The Birthday Girl loved it.