Sunday, April 02, 2017

Where did the time go?

I don't know what to say.
I don't know how I let more than 5 months slip by since I last sat & chatted with you.
I got busy, events occurred, blah, blah, blah.
But when things settled down, I was out of the habit of blogging. When some time opened up, I would think, "oh, what's another day? another week? another month?"
I am sorry. Let me try to quickly catch you up on the last 5 months.

There was the Quilt Festival -- my 26th! The high points were that I got to meet an internet friend, a virtual friend became an in-real-life friend! And I took a class from Pepper Cory! I will tell you more about that later.

The week before Christmas, I was out walking, stumbled & fell. I made a one-point landing on my right eyebrow. A trip to the emergency room got me quite a few stitches but I had no broken bones, no soft tissue damage & no concussion -- so really not that bad. I have a rocking scar now.

At Christmas, we had a family tragedy -- I will tell you more about that later.

In the New Year, I had a milestone birthday. It did not occur to me to make myself a quilt. But I've thought of it now & in the process making myself a quilt (or 2). I will tell you more about that later.

I've finished 2 quilts this year. I've made photos & will tell you more about them later.

Over the holidays, I did a little making. My grand-niece has a December birthday, so I thought I would whip up something quick. I cut a bunch of 1.5 inch strips, thinking I would make some sort of quarter log cabin-type thing. But when I wasn't paying attention, the log cabins turned into checkerboards -- simple enough, it was just a LOT of sewing. I boxed it & shipped it before I got a photo, all I have this snap of it on my design door. The Birthday Girl loved it.





On Instagram, people were making these fabric-covered ornaments, so, of course, I had to make some too. It was my first experience with ModPodge, kind of fun, & they added a bit of cheer to our Christmas tree.



So, I've promised you at least 5 more blog posts. You can hold me to that.

3 comments:

Julierose said...

glad to see you back here...missed your posts hugs, Julierose

Nifty Quilts said...

It's really nice to see you on the blog again! Thanks for catching us up, even briefly. Five months can go by so quickly, especially with a family tragedy and the holidays. I'll look forward to seeing more from you. (I have some catching up to do on my blog too.)

ES said...

There are a few blogs that I love, yours included, because your colour combinations and patterned fabric combinations are so stricking. Koka quilts also comes to mind and klein-meisje-quilts. Lovely to see you back and I hope you have time to blog again soon:)