Wednesday, April 04, 2012
People can be so nice
There is nothing like nice people saying nice things about you to help chase the blues away!
Claudia at Armchair Quilter and Deb & Mandy at Quilter's Crossing BOTH gave the the Liebster Blog award!! Claudia's blog is filled with family and great quilts (check out her triangles with free-motion quilted feathers and her amazing, minimalist quilt with dogs & cats & rabbits -- WOW). Deb & Mandy have a quilt shop in the opposite corner of Houston than me, so I am sad to say that I have never been there -- but it is on my Bucket List! Their blog features lots of fabric & tools & projects & fun in the shop. Thank you so much, Claudia, Deb & Mandy!! I am very grateful to you for your kind words.
There are rules with the Liebster Blog Award. I must
1. Thank my Liebster Blog Award presenters.
2. Link back to my presenters' blogs.
3. Copy & paste the blog award on my blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to five blogs with 200 or fewer followers that I feel deserve to be noticed and post links to their blogs on my blog.
5. Let the recipients know they have been given the Liebster Blog Award by posting a comment on their blog.
So, here are the blogs I have chosen:
1. Safieh is a fellow HMQG member. She is an extremely talented quilter & sewist & photographer. I love the images of her projects, home & pets. I feel lucky to call her an In Real Life Friend!
2. Diane at O'Quilts is traveling a path similar to mine -- we are both dealing with ailing Mothers and trying to find solace with our quilting -- sharing helps make the load lighter.
3. Cassie at elegantitus is awesome! I love her exuberant fearlessness & wish that I had been like her when I was her age. I would love to quilt with her & drink a beer (or 2 or 3) with her.
4. I discovered Dana at Water Penny after seeing her charming quilt that looks like the cat got to it -- some of the blocks are straight, some are askew like we've all seen after our cats "help" with the layout. She also a gardener & is concerned with environmental issues.
5. I've been a flickr friend with Karen at capitolaQuilter for some time & was pleased when she finally started blogging. She is quite a quilter & is sharing her skills with tutorials on her blog.
I hope you check out the blogs of the wonderful women & enjoy their writing as much as I do!