Monday, January 10, 2011

There are many ways to skin a cat.

No, I don't mean these two, though there are times I would like to.

the wrecking crew

Not long ago (I've only been blogging for a bit more than a month now!) I put an image of this quilt top out there on the internets.

4-patch circle

I got a very nice comment from jeninemd saying that she loved my colors and the drunkard's path pattern. I was *this* close to responding, thanking for her kind remarks but, (please insert slightly condescending tone here) it isn't a drunkard's path. It is 4-patch circles appliqued onto a...solid.....background...... Wait a minute! It is a drunkard's path! I thought I was being so clever, pushing beyond the pattern, coming up with something new. All I did was reinvent the drunkard's path!!!

It goes to show that there really isn't much out there that is really NEW. When something really NEW comes along, it is like a breath of fresh air. I have a lot of fun with my quilting, but I don't think that I will be lifting anyone's kites!

Here is the second top I got from the same layer cake. Not new, but bright and pretty and very different from the first one.

circle top

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

The other day my partener was taking about "Drunk people walking around" quilt. i really had no idea what he was going on about. Then he said the one with circles!! I laughed so much. Still he gets lots of points for trying!!