Friday, July 01, 2011

I can't get rid of it!!!

I am nearly ready to sandwich my wonky stars and begin experimenting with a new way of quilting.
Because there is so much white in this quilt, I didn't do as I often do and just go through my stash and use any old thing that I have enough of for the back. I was afraid that any--even the least amount--of print would show through to the front. So I went out and bought something. Because of the stellar-ness of the top, I chose a solid white with an overall, silvery, glittery shimmer. Very pretty.
Today I pre-washed the yardage, tossing it in the light-colored, gentle wash load.
And there was glitter all over EVERYTHING!
It made me think of the one-liner from comedian, Demetri Martin: Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

3 comments:

MariQuilts said...

Oh dear, have fun with that....

Deb and Mandy said...

LOL!! so funny. When my daughter was younger I used to sweep more glitter than dirt I swear. I totally agree about the glitter.

Manda said...

Lol! At least everything will sparkle for a while :)