Sunday, May 28, 2017

Third finish -- Healing Feathers

A friend I know through work is facing an uncertain future.

Less than 2 years ago, he was diagnosed with a degenerative lung disease. At the time, he was symptom-less, but it was not long before he had a 24 hours/day CPAP machine & restricted activity. Now he is in the hospital on high levels of oxygen & is on the short list for a double lung transplant -- waiting, waiting.

Well, there is not much I can do except make a quilt to show that I am thinking of him. So, with Anna Maria Horner's feather pattern, I made a quilt that I hope has healing powers.


10 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh what a beautiful thought put into reality. He will love this comforting quilt--hope he comes through this ordeal...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful sentiment - I'm sure he will appreciate the quilt very much. Sending hugs and prayers.

O'Quilts said...

A Great Big WOW...Such a lovely healing quilt...Isn't this what it is all about now...giving cheer to others...and making beauty in the process...Good job friend....
And thx for encouraging me on my blog.xxxo

audrey said...

What a wonderfully, thoughtful gift. It's from the heart, and that's what counts in a situation like this.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow. What a reminder about how life can turn on a dime. This quilt is beautiful and very clearly made from love. I'm sure it will mean a lot to him. I hope the lung transplant happens soon. Sending hugs and positive thoughts.

شركة المثالي سوبر said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
احمد عبد العزيز said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NADER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
مروة محمد said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.