Sunday, May 07, 2017

And many more

I've made quite a few milestone birthday quilts in the last several years. Oddly, as a milestone of my own was approaching, it did not occur to me to make myself a quilt. Eventually, though, the seed planted itself in my head & the idea flourished. I am now making myself a milestone birthday quilt!

It will be an on-going project. My quilt is a mash-up of 2 quilts in Mary Elizabeth Kinch & Biz Storms' book Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts. My wedges are from a stack of metallic prints on solids that I got at Quilt Festival a few of years ago, the whole-cloth bands are a pumpkin-colored mini plaid. I am surprised at how quickly they sew together -- I sit down with my pile of wedges, sew 2 together, another 2 together, then those 4 together -- next thing I know, I have a long string of wedges. The 3rd one is done now & I'm ready to begin the 4th. I calculate that I will need 8 pieced bands -- so I'm nearly half-way there!




7 comments:

beth s said...

beautiful!!

Julierose said...

Oh this will be gorgeous--love those metallic bits...glad you're making one just for you hugs, Julierose

Nifty Quilts said...

Really nice! I don't usually like fabrics with metallic in them, but these are great. Your wide sashing is good too. Looks like a golden decade for you!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have that book! Happy stitching as you make your very own milestone quilt!!

O'Quilts said...

wow...I have never worked with wedges....A milestone birthday!!!! So exciting...Must be 40..
I am having a half way to December party in June...in case I do not make it that far...for my milestone. bday...OMG...and if I do...well..I will certainly be bionic. New hip in August..
I love your scraps and I love your blogpost..xo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Veronica Forbs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.