Wednesday, March 02, 2011

I've been Leibstered!

I am pleased and proud to announce that Marianne at The Quilting Edge has passed the Leibster Award to me!!!

liebster award

I had admired her work on flickr for a while before I started following her blog. I am in awe of her quilts and was so flattered when she started offering supportive comments for some of mine. So it is especially meaningful for me to be awarded by her.

Like being crowned Miss America--well, almost like--the Leibster Award comes with certain obligations.
The award-ee must post who nominated her/him and a link to their blog. The award-ee must 'pay it forward' by awarding 3-5 other blogs--blogs with less than 300 followers--with the Leibster and putting links to those blogs in the post. And inform those bloggers with a link back to your blog.

Now, in my roll as Award-er, here are my choices:

Noga at nogaquilts.blogspot. She is a brand new blogger--3 posts so far! While there isn't much there yet, I enjoyed what I read--following her creative process and the 'nuts and bolts' of implementing her idea. I look forward to more from her.

Diana at sticksandbubbles.blogspot. This young Romanian mother is just the cutest thing! She makes charming quilts and other crafty stuff and in addition to following her through her creative process is the hurdle of getting the materials she wants and needs through Customs!

Dan at piece and press. This is another blog that takes the reader along for the whole process--from sketch, through ripping out things that don't work, to completed quilt. The quilts have vision and the blogging style is warm and comfortable.

I would like to give an Honorable Mention to two quilters who don't blog but whose work leaves me weak in the knees. I eagerly watch for new flickr uploads from them.

Helen at helen richards quilts.
Binita at silaibunai.

The quilts of both of these quilters leave me stunned and amazed. Everyone should know about them!

I constantly marvel at the community of quilters and other creative people that the internet brings together. The six bloggers/quilters I've mentioned here are from around the world! I wish they lived next door, but with the internet, the kind of do!

5 comments:

noga quilts said...

Wow! Thank you! I'm really honored!
As you noticed I am a very new quilter, so I'm really overwhelmed and honored!

Of course I'll fulfill all my obligations, thanks again!

smazoochie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MariQuilts said...

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on the award! You deserve it!! Thanks for the links to the three blogs, all of which I hadn't heard of.

Unknown said...

Beth, thank you so much for the honorable mention! I came to your blog and flickr after a long break and I'm all pumped with creative energy again!